Monday, November 14, 2011

Occupy - the Liberal mindset

This weekend, the media has overflowed with stories of  filth, lawbreaking, illegal drugs, even murder amongst those in the Occupy Wall Street movement. Mayors and police in various cities are saying "enough" and evicting the rowdy, destructive crowds.

On Sunday morning, the Managing Editor of our local newspaper, a Liberal Democrat, wrote a lengthy column about the OWS movement. I did not read the entire column. When I reached this sentence, I quit reading:

"I support it completely and wish them well in the cold winter months ahead"

Sunday evening, 60 Minutes, the CBS TV news magazine carried a story about Congressman Brian Baird, from Washington, a Democrat, and his efforts to thwart unlawful inside stock trading by Congressmen. Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Liberal Democrat, apparently the biggest offender.

And, I recall a recent statement by an old friend, a lifelong Democrat and once a close family friend of Harry Truman, saying the former president must be spinning in his grave over the conduct of the current Democrat Administration.

I have felt ill about Democrats for 75 years. As a small boy, I heard my father and his friends complain that Franklin Roosevelt was destroying their country.

Today I am easing a bit on the old-fashioned, labor favoring Democrats and placing the blame purely on the Progressive Liberal movement. Yes, I still believe that some Democrats will support any Democrat - think Bob Beckel! But it is only when Democrats fully adopt the Liberal ideology that they go completely whacko.

Unlike our local newspaper editor, I hope the scum "occupying" Wall Street, and other cities, freeze in the cold winter months ahead.

No comments: