Saturday, October 01, 2005

How Do You Measure Success?

Years ago a colleague of mine answered that question by saying he looks at a man's children to see if he is successful. You are successful if your kids turn out "right".

I agree - largely because my kids are so terrific! All have a college aducation. All worked and paid their own way through college with no handout from Mom or Dad. The oldest of my brood, my twin girls Debra and Denise, both have degrees in education. Next oldest daughter, April, has a degree in computer science and is an IT engineer for a big company.

Our oldest boy, Lance, has a Master's Degree in Political Science (Government) and a Master's Degree in Education. Our youngest boy, Sam, has a Ph.D. in Mass Communications and Cognitive Science.

How did we make all that happen? I have no idea! We were just lucky, I guess, and I claim no credit for their successes. But.... I do love my kids!

No comments: