Tuesday, January 18, 2011

China has a new stealth fighter plane!

Wow! How'd they learn to do that? Don't know. But we also learned that the Pentagon computers undergo an attack by some ultra smart Chinese hacker 1,000 times a day. What? Do they have hundreds of computer geniuses (genii, if you prefer) sitting at their keyboards searching for access to Pentagon computers?

Maybe.

Hell, I can solve that problem.... just unplug the Pentagon computers from the internet. End of problem? Maybe not.

This summer I had a pacemaker implanted. A pacemaker is a compact little computer, actually implanted in my upper chest, with a couple of wires threaded down an artery into my heart muscle. Mine is programmed to see that my heart beats at least 60 times per minute. If my heart fails to beat at that rate, the pacemaker sends a little pulse down the wires to my heart muscle and makes it beat.

Last week I went in for my first pacemaker check. While I chatted with one tech about the operation of the thing, another tech placed some kind of sensor over my chest, near where my pacemaker was implanted, and did something on his computer. He then announced that he had changed the threshold (??) and added time to the life of my pacemaker battery. I now have ten years of battery life remaining! (To myself, I wondered if I could bring my digital camera in and have him work some magic on its battery!)

Then, I see a news report that unscrupulous persons can pass you on the street and, with the right equipment, read the data from your credit card - which is inside your purse, or your billfold. Whoa!!!

For all I know, the Chicoms could float a satellite high over Washington and hack the Pentagon computers as they pass by!

Maybe. Maybe not. But who knows?

No comments: