Tuesday, April 09, 2013

To paraphrase Roger Ebert,


I give thumbs down to Barack Obama's job as president. But, I'd give two thumbs down to all those feminists who supported his election and re-election.

At a recent California fundraiser, President Obama commented that California Attorney General Kamala Harris was brilliant, tough, and the 'most attractive Attorney General in the country'. What a nice thing to say. Reminded me of the comments from Alaskans who, in 2008, bragged that, in Sarah Palin they had the best-looking governor in the United States.

Ah, but, the feminists, those same Obama-supporting women, went nuts over the President's comment! Obama, in his usual pandering, phoned AG Harris and apologized.

Recently there have been women complaining that the female reporters on television, specifically on Fox News Channel, dare to dress and look like women! Good grief!

Around the world, the sale of women's cosmetics comprise a massive industry. The women's fashion industry is likewise a major presence. Big bucks are spent on botox, facelifts, and other beautification measures. Women want to be beautiful. Some succeed. But, don't dare tell a feminist they have succeeded! That would be demeaning!

I appreciate intelligent, industrious women. I also appreciate women who care enough about their appearance to control their weight, and see to their general appearance. And, I enjoy looking at pretty women - be they on television, or wherever.

My wife of over four decades is one of those women. She has long followed a lot of simple little rules, like, 'never leave the house without your perfume'. On our 40th wedding anniversary we went to dinner, she wearing the dress she wore when we were married. I so appreciate her for that.... forty years of caring about her appearance! And, looking at her each morning is still the thrill it was the first morning after our wedding.

Some time ago, I saw a video shot of a woman on a New York street. She was wearing a low-cut dress which exposed a lot of cleavage. She would stand in front of a man. If he looked a her, she exploded in a rage, demanding of him, "Were you staring at my breasts?" the embarrassed man usually stammered some feeble reply.

I always wished I would have been one of those men! I would have replied, "Yes Madam, I was. Female breasts are attractive to men, and I enjoy looking at attractive things. If you don't want me to look, wear a burqa!"

As I said, I appreciate intelligent, industrious women. But, I appreciate them a lot more when they succeed at making themselves pretty!

No comments: